- Dec 22, 2017
- Reaction score
CHARACTER RULES & CREATION GUIDEWelcome to the character creation rules & guide thread. This thread includes the rules and basics of character creation.
It is very important to browse the Factions and Organizations forums to learn about your options. The main factions your character can join are: Jedi Order, Sith Order and the Sector Rangers. There are many other PC and NPC factions as well. However, characters do not have to be part of a faction.
- You must make a sub account for your character. Every character needs a sub account in order to level and rank up. To learn how to create character sub accounts go here or look in the Rules & Guidelines forum.
- Profiles must include if a character is Force Sensitive (FS) or not.
- Characters are not Gods; they cannot be immortal, invincible or perfect. Mary Sues and/or Gary Stus are prohibited.
- Player characters (PCs) cannot be related to canon characters.
- Canon last names are not allowed without admin approval, with the exception of canon clan names or noble houses like Clan Vizsla, Clan Wren, House Organa, etc.
- New Characters in a Main Faction begin at the basic rank (Ranger for Sector Rangers, Padawan or Knight for Jedi, Acolyte or Marauder for Sith). Characters in NPC factions similarly start out at a low rank.
- An individual character cannot be enrolled in an organization and a main faction at the same time unless the organization is part of the faction.
- If a character dies it's assets may not be transferred to another character without approval from a moderator or admin.
- You may only have ONE character that is council-level rank or above. For example, if you have a character on the Jedi Council you may NOT have a character that's a Rangers Command member. This only applies to main factions.
- Characters may only start with a small amount of gear and assets.
You can find character templates in the Basic & Advanced Character Templates thread. You can also use other members’ templates by clicking "quote" on their post and copying their template.
We have an Approved Species List you can browse through, which also has a disallowed list. While the list is not comprehensive, it is fairly extensive.
- Any user-created species will have to be submitted in the Species forum and be approved before it can be used in the roleplay.
- If there is a species you would like to use and it's not on the list, contact an administrator.
Q: Can I play a droid character?
A: You can, but the droid model for the character needs to be Approved in the Tech boards and any devitations in the droid's character profile need to be approved by the Tech team.
Q: May I post a character that’s a work-in-progress?
A: No, the Character Profile section is only for finished characters. You can however post WIPs in the player workshop section and work on it there. When finished, copy the code and post in in this section.
Q: Do I post my character with my subaccount?
A: No. The subaccounts are only for in-character posting in the story sections only.
Q: Can force-users use both the light and dark sides of the force?
A: Use of the dark side inflicts corruption upon the user, making using both sides of the force impossible.
Q: Do we have a list of allowed force powers?
A: Yes, click here for a list of approved user-submitted as well as stock force powers.
Last edited by a moderator: