- Nov 28, 2010
- Reaction score
Hi everyone! We've been announcing some changes due to the return to freeform. We've been making updates here and there on the site but here are the changes that are in place as of now. We will update you if/when we do more:
List of changes
List of changes
- Plots have been removed.
- The Reputation System has been removed. This was not announced before, but we've observed that this hasn't played too much of a significant role in the story. Instead the focus will be on characters organically gaining infamy through story and word of mouth.
- The Bounty System has been removed. We will be going back to the drawing board to figure out how this can exist in a free form system, but for now the old system is gone. Members are still encouraged to document and track major things their characters have done.
- There is no longer a four (4) character limit. Members may create as many characters as they want.
- PvP Rules have been simplified and updated for a freeform setting.
- Changes to lock-in rules, posting orders, and NPC use are the most notable changes
- The Character Rules & Creation Guide has been simplified.
- The Role Play Rules have been updated. Some highlights:
- Characters cannot die without their authors permission.
- Plots are no longer required to create PC factions. If you wish to create your own PC Organization, you must role-play it’s creation, recruitment of other player characters, acquirement of assets and any other gain. For further PC/NPC Organization changes, read the Role Play Rules thread.
- Although the plot system has been removed, before an espionage operation begins, a plot outline must be submitted to Administration.