- Sep 2, 2017
- Reaction score
- Name: Kysog
- Biology: Kysog, are a slender,generally light grey skin. Kysog stand at a average of height of six feet tall. around most noticeable feature is a single large black pupil. This eye is reflective, which makes it impossible to see colors. As such they can only tell the shades of an object. Another feature, of the Kysog is their immunity to radiation. Another feature of their natural biology, is that Kysogs, emit radiation. The radiation is only significant, within 25 feet. The radiation is only, somewhat quickly noticeable and more dangerous in 15 feet of the Kysog. Taking around, an hour to show signs of radiation poisoning, and around three and half hours to prove, lethal. Staying within a constant 15 feet. This radiation, also allows them to have a regenerative property. Healing slashes, and bolts. However, it takes multiple minutes for the injuries to hurt. As well, Kysogs cannon't replace whole limbs. It can only be a few slashes. Another part of the Kysog biology is their lower bone density. Leading to easily breakable bones, which can make them fairly weak. Having there bones break easily. However, in an odd contrast with there frail bones, Kysog develop there bodies extremely quickly, and have a large muscle growth. Leading the Kysog to be a very strong species, in there prime age, however extremely frail in the end of their life cycles. The final, feature of the Kysog species biology is the fact that give off a slight green glow.
- Breeding: Kysogs, have sequential hermaphroditism. Meaning that members of the species may switch their gender and sex upon when it is nesseacary. For example, if there is a low female population, Kysogs may switch from being male, to being female. Otherwise however, Kysogs procreate with both male and female sexes having to mate to conceive a child. Kysog, give birth in an egg.
- Strengths: The strengeth's of the Kysog is that they are radioactive, giving them slight advantage’s in melee combat. Another strength, is their physical strength, allowing to be brutal to their opponents. The last strength is there regenerative property which allows them to heal themselves easily. (Note, they have the same nerf as other species with healing. Healing factor cannot be used in PvP)
- Weaknesses: Kysogs bodies, are quite weak to blunt attacks, suffering to easily broken bones. Another weakness, is that Kysogs can harm there own allies, with their natural radiation in extended fights, such as battles. The final, weakness of the Kysog is the fact that stealth is extremely difficult with it's noticeable green glow.
- Diet: Kysog’s diet consists of that of consuming radioactive material. However, uniquely Kysogs do not need, to physically put the material into their bodies. It is common for them to absorb nourishment just by being in the presence of the material.If no radioactive materials are present, Kysogs will have to consume large quantities of slightly radioactive food items, or radioactive substances in food such as potassium. This does have to be eaten through a Kysogs throat, unlike that of the radioactive materials.
- Behavior/Temperament: Kysogs tend to have a great desire to explore the greater galaxy, having a dsird for adventure. Another part of their doctors that is often found, is that Kysog’s are impulsive and act off of gut feelings rather then logic. The final cultural trait that is shared amongst members of the Kysogs are known to be quick to forgive people, as with their short live spans they find holding grudges to be a ridiculous notion.
- Communication: Kysog have a small holes that when air, is pushed out makes a high pitch sound. Similar to that of whistling. They use this to speak their native language, of Kysogarian. It's impossible for them to vocalize basic, so as such translators are needed to be able to speak. However it's very common, for members of the Kysog to be able to write basic.
- Culture: Kysog, live in small nomadic groups called, Kysa. Each Kysa travels around the galaxy, building small temporary housing, then moving on. Most Kysa as lead by a religious leader know as a Kah. Each Kah decides the rite of passage for a member of the Kysa to become a true adult within the tribe. Some of these rituals include adding metal pieces over bones, or in their necks. The most sacred Kysog rituals, is that of Kasahuha. Where one is to dismember themselves, and slowly die that way. It's consider scared as it's the culmination of the ideas of their religion of the scarfiece to become some thing greater.
- History: The kysog people, eveloved from an unknown race on the planet of Qat Chrystac. A volatile and radioactive world. For, a thousand years the Kysogs lived as primitive creatures, unaware of the events in the greater galaxy. However, a crashed shuttle. Alerted them to the wider galaxy. Reusing the parts of the ship, they setup a small trade network with nearby systems, giving some Kysogs greater technological capabilities. This, would start a mass migration from their home world, into the greater galaxy. Moving mostly, into the outer rim. They'd be mostly, ignored and slightly avoided due to their harmful properties. Kysogs, mostly kept to themselves, and haven't participated in much of the political events. With a few notable exceptions.
- Planet: Originate from Qat Chrystac however, large populations in the outer rim.
- Technology: Capable of handling modern technology. The one's who are on Qat Chrystac are still primitive however.
- Intent: I thought it'd be interesting, to have a radioactive species. I also thought that some the consequences of their species being this way would make for execellent RP opportunities. Such as, the Kysogs facing the inevitability of their painful demise, can create interesting character conflicts as some seek ways to stop this. It can also, have interesting RP in form of a 12 year oldhaving to have knowledge of adults and the incredibly quick childhood while being raised incredibly fast. With little time for normal development.