- Jul 23, 2015
- Reaction score
- Name: The Twin Moons of Veral
- Coordinates: J9.5
- Climate: The First Moon of Veral is a gorgeous world in climate, with each of its seven seasons becoming more or less rainy, and more or less sunny. It experiences gorgeous purple rain when it rains, and it rarely has violent or dangerous weather except in the seventh season. While certain climates are different, such as up on the mountains, it is the same around the planet.
The Second Moon of Veral, or the Nightworld, is noted to be dark, cold, and stormy, but it is flourishing with life and flora and fauna. It is never sunny there, and only has one season. It seems that the dark mist surrounding the planet keeps sun from entering the atmosphere, and shining down upon them. Only a few cities of the Veralian Twi’lek exist there, and they are kept warm, stormless, and light through artificial methods, and Reduced Vicinity Terraforming.
- Terrain: The moons are very large natural satellites orbiting a gas giant, and they are is only a little bit smaller than your normal planet. The terrain of the first is varied, with large mountains in some areas, gorgeous caves of a unique Phrik alloy able to be imbued with the force, rivers of purple water that have crystals of all types growing at the bottom, force and saber crystals are in some of the caves, and there are vast fields of grass and great forests of trees and plants with immobile, living, and crystalline constructs that whistle at night, and it is noted to be a Paradise-class world. The terrain of the second is just as varied, but it isn’t as colorful as it is dark and gloomy, and not much information is available on it, but it is noted to have only large hills and no actual mountains, and that it doesn’t have an ocean.
- Rotation: The twin moons rotate around each other, and around their gas giant, with a slight tilt on their axis. The first moon as both day and night, with the day being the longest one. It takes 60 hours for the twin moons to rotate around their planet.
- Inhabitants: The first moon is occupied by a vast variety of non-sentient creatures, and it also has some semi-sentient creatures as well. The non-sentient creatures are beautiful in majority, and highly prized as delicacies, for their furs or skins, for their unique physical properties, and the various other things that come with them, while the semi-sentient creatures are just downright majestic. There are a few absolutely massive creatures that walk the lands as giants, and several that fly within the gas giant.-
There are a large amount sentient species among both the moons and their satellites, the number is thought to be 6, but it could be higher due to some species not necessarily showing their sentience, or it depending on what you consider sentience. The Veral Twi’lek living on Veral I, and dominating the moon; they are all at least lightly force sensitive, and make up the Sect of Ra’shi'sen. The second species are the somewhat submissive, semi-sentient Edan tigers, brought from their homeworld, well, submissive to one chosen person, which live side-by-side the Veral Twi’lek and choose one Veral Twi’lek for themselves. The third are the brutal Tsarsi, a barbaric species that once had interplanetary capabilities and had ruled the Rynar system until the Veral Twi’lek came along and reduced them to near extinction, with the species now living in a controlled manner on the Nightworld. The fourth and fifth species are sister species living on the Second Moon, or the Nightworld, and they are lithe, dark skinned beings noted to be about as sophisticated as the rest of the Galaxy, but, normally, uninterested in venturing outside of their moon.
- Resources: The resources of the Moons of Veral, the gas of the Gas giant, its asteroid belts, the Moons' natural satellites, and the rest of the system’s resources are fairly rich, with the richest lying in the celestial bodies resting by Rynar IV. The magnetic forces that are created by the Moons of Veral and Rynar IV are harnessed as magnetopower, and it is capable of powering the entire planet, and being placed into batteries for further use. Some of the resources, such as the Veralian Phrik, have contributed to the instability in the force that Veralian Twi’lek experience, and are the cause for them having to return to the First Moon every three months to harmonize themselves and, well, everything about them and their force abilities, and this has thus led to excellent meditative abilities regarding the force, imbuing objects with the force, and may develop into the Ra’shi’sen’s Force Enchantment ability.
The First Moon is rich in metals, crystals, gems, forestry resources, resources from the creatures living there, the amount of tourism, and purple water filled with minerals that enhance the biological efficiency of those who drink it by 20%, and the water can be converted into the same gas on Rynar IV, as well as act as a fuel, and do many other things.
The Second Moon, or the Nightworld, is filled with chaotic forces, but is rich in odd and exotic materials that are useful for a wide variety of purposes. The Nightworld is rarely ventured into, however, but can be tamed by the elders of the Sect of Twi’lek living there.
The most notable resource on the moons and asteroid fields is Veralian Phrik, and the Veralian Force Crystals; Veralian Phrik is a gorgeous naturally abundant Phrik alloy that is capable of being imbued with the force, and being attuned to a specific individual if wanted, and it can take on the force imbued attributes that the Veral Twi’lek can enchant upon objects in a superior manner; Veralian Phrik comes in a wide variety of shades, colors, and hues, and is noted for its natural beauty; Meanwhile, Veralian Force Crystals are perfectly in synchronization with their user, and adapt to their user’s force essence, and can be used to focus kinetic energy through the weapons it is imbued in, but they are mostly used for their capacity to enhance the efficiency of a lightsaber, imbue the blade with force essence, cause the blades to burn slightly hotter and brighter with a hum that changes depending on the user’s emotions. The thirteen asteroid belts remain largely untapped, but mining efforts have recently begun in those and the rest of the system so as to continue to harness the natural beauty of the First Moon, and to prevent terraforming from failing because too much had been harnessed.
The gas giant Rynar IV has a gaseous atmosphere that can be harnessed as a fuel for ships, or to be weaponized for an explosive. The gas is 60% more efficient than normal fuels, and it has emissions that aren’t traceable through normal methods, and this gas can be found in some form across the entire Rynar system but is at its purest in regenerating atmosphere of Rynar IV.
- Government: The Unified Governments of Rynar, ruled primarily by the Force Sect of Ra’shi’sen/the Veralian Twi'lek, rules over the Twin Moons of Veral and the Rynar Sector as a whole. They form up a conglomeration of planets and races that reign over the whole of the Rynar Sector.
- Economy: The powerful economy of the Moon of Veral is free trade, with knowledge being the thing that the First Moon, the government moon, trade for in exchange for the natural resources of the moon or its satellites.
- Culture: They are spiritual, but not religious, and believe that they are strengthened by the power of their ancestors, but that the power of the force comes from within. The sect is familial, and all members are 60% more likely to develop a connection to the force, while all of them are at least lightly force sensitive. Sect members are stronger in the force than other force users, but their abilities are less stable, and tend not to lean to the Dark side or the Light side because of this instability. Their force capabilities are connected to their emotions, and the more passion they have, the more powerful that they become. It is common to see Ra'shi'sen Jedi hiding their passionate side with their ability to confuse the senses of other force users, and hide certain things from them. The sect have their physical attributes enhanced as time goes on, and they are known for their longevity, agility, and nimbleness, as well as their capacity to imbue objecs with special attributes through the force (such as causing a bracelet to become calming, or to act as protection from telepathic probing; this is a very intimate ability, however). At the age of 8 Sect members create their war fans from a Phrik alloy notable for its beauty, myriad of colors, and ability to be imbued with the force. Sect members depart from their moon at the age of 16 to join a major force faction, and learn from them. When they create their saberfans they reforge the Phrik and put it to use once more. Every 3 months Sect members return to the moon to meet with friends, family, and to harmonize their internal chaos, and their Midichlorians, refocus their minds, and clear themselves of stress while strengthening their connection to the planet and the force. This is a necessary process for the Twi’lek.
- Technology: The technology of the inhabitants of the Moon of Veral varies, but the Veral Twi'lek are the most advanced, and they possess technology somewhat more sophisticated than the rest of the galaxy. Their technology is gorgeous, powerful, and highly efficient, and they have specific process of how they go about approving them. The technology that the Veral Twi'lek use is some of the most environmentally friendly in the galaxy, as are their manufacturing processes, and recycling of materials not normally able to be recycled is frequent. They make use of technologies on par in beauty, rarity, and exoticness as the Hapan or the Chiss.
The Yukinari Belts The Yukinari belts are a set of a total of thirteen different asteroid belts held between the gas giant of Rynar IV, the Moons of Veral, and the other satellites that both of them have. Held by the magnetism created between them, and also held by gravity itself, they are filled with abundant deposits of metals.
The Veralian Satellites: The Veralian Satellites are a conglomeration of twenty eight different natural and unnatural satellites of varying sizes. Of these sixteen there are two that are occupied - Yinar and Tser - four that that are undergoing the process of terraforming or colonization - Pol, Nock, Erisat, and Fylin - and a seventh that is occupied as a “spirit world” that is culturally significant to the Sect and holds many of the newer Sect facilities that is named Ferendyr. The other twenty one other satellites are either being mined, have been transformed into forge worlds so that the Twin Moons aren’t harmed too much, are artificial platforms harvesting the Rynar gas, cleaning up the atmosphere or space of pollution, or are large space stations, or meeting places and headquarters for various purposes and factions in the name of the Ra’shi’sen, the Veralian Government, and the Unified Government of Rynar.
Over a thousand years before the age of now, the Tsarsi ruled over the Rynar system and all of its worlds with a fist of iron gripped so tightly that the suffocating cries could be heard across the Galaxy back on the Twi’lek homeworld of Ryloth by the Force Sect of Ra’shi'sen. As they were called to their new homeworld, a war broke out between those wanting to stay on their ancestral world, and those wanting a realm that belonged to them, and them alone. Meanwhile, the the Tsarsi, a primitive but ambitious race of physically and strategically powerful reptiles, prepared to expand outside of their kingdom to go past the Rynar system and bring their iron grip around surrounding systems.
By the time that the Ra’shi’sen had finished up with their war, the Tsarsi, however primitive they were, had been rapid in their expansion to half a dozen other systems in the Rynar Sector. Poly a few of the planets were habitable but great space stations were constructed in every system explored by the Tsarsi. After a few years, the Ra’shi’sen, a technologically superior faction, would arrive to find their new homes occupied by a destructive, all-consuming race that cared not for natural beauty.
The war between the Tsarsi and Ra’shi’sen would begin in what was originally an attempt to rescue the beautiful worlds under Tsarsi control through political methods. Believing the Twi’lek, with their great ships and marvelous technology, to be hostile, the Tsarsi struck a Ra’shi’sen supercarrier en masse, and the first battle erupted. The Tsarsi found themselves defeated for the rest time, but the Ra’shi’sen have grossly underestimated the Tsarsi, would find themselves in a great war for many years.
Forty-seven of these years passed, and it saw the Kingdom of the Tsarsi fall to a force sensitive faction that, itself, took heavy casualties. The Tsarsi were forced back to the Second Moon of Veral, their race almost destroyed, their space machines scrapped, and their homeworld taken over. The First Moon of Veral was to be the seat of power for a new government that remained neutral, but sent their students to one of the major force factions so that they may finalize their training.
The Ra’shi’sen would find their dwindled forces consolidating power in the Rynar system so that one day they could reach out, and grab hold of the entire Rynar sector. Now, however, the families of the Ra’shi’sen reinforced their position, regrew their might, and rapidly evolved into the Veral Twi’lek in all of the new race’s glory by the hand of the planet’s resources. Soon, it was believed, a great hand would reach out into the galaxy and grab over a dozen parsecs and many, many light-years to control as a newer, greater kingdom.
After the first government was constructed the Ra’shi’sen began terraforming, harvesting, mining, and tuning already habitable worlds into paradise planets. The First Moon of Veral, already being a paradise world, was the template for one of the natural satellites orbiting the first of the epic twin moons. This natural satellite was turned into Ferendyr, a "spirit world” where worship could be taken part in, holy cities would be built, and great landmarks would be erected.
The Twi’lek ancestors, and the soil from the burial grounds had been transported alongside ancestral heirlooms, and a great library of books, data pads, memory crystals, and more ways of storage. The graveyards were rebuilt as a perfect replica, while the cities, temples, and Ra’shi’sen archives were rebuilt using completely new methods to celebrate the beginning of a new age as the world was rebuilt into the dream of the Ra’shi’sen so that they could take great joy in their new realm, and revel into newly discovered resources.
Each of the newly discovered resources, such as Rynar gas, Veralian Force Crystals, and Veralian Phrik (the latter of two will be apped to avoid issues), would completely reshape Ra’shi’sen’s culture. The Rynar gas would provide a power source alongside the harvested magnetism, allow new weapons to be created, be used as a more efficient fuel, and reinforce the power of energy weaponry. Veralian Force Crystals that were continuously in synchronization with their owners could be used as focuses in lightsabers, or as lightsaber crystals themselves, with the most notable attribute being their capacity to create blasts of kinetic energy. Veralian phrik, able to be imbued with the force, created by the unique conditions across the Rynar system came to replace the original metal that was used to forge the original saberfans, and the war fans, most unique to the Ra’shi’sen. Each of these resources are only the most notable because other resources enhancing the economy can only be found in lesser deposits of varying sizes that are, fortunately, greatly enhancing the Ra’shi’sen’s superior technology.
On the first moon of Veral, Veralian Twi’lek technology grew to the level of the highly advanced Hapan Consortium and Chiss Ascendancy. Though small in population, the civilization’s technology surpassed many other races in sophisticated, and elevated the Ra’shi’sen to the status of a wealthy culture. They would see their technology, and culture grow up greatly to the age of now, and the Ra’shi’sen would continue as neutrals with a connection to everyone.
- Notable PC's: Priestess Iala Tal'kina
- Intent: I intend to have this planet be a place where the Veralian Twi'lek revisit every three months with a new adventure. I could also see the sect of Twi’lek on the planet, and the planet itself, being used for over half a dozen things, and the creatures, and materials of the planet being created in applications, while the technology would be fun to create as well.